Enhance performance and recycling with insights into your PV modules
During their operational lifetime, PV modules are subject to environmental stresses. Under these circumstances, polymeric materials as used in module backsheets and encapsulants are critical for active PV components, ensuring their
- highest performance,
- and safe operation.
Yet manufacturers only reveal little information about the materials built into the PV modules.
As easy as pushing a button: On-the-spot material checks with trinamiX
Therefore, the non-destructive material identification of the polymeric components in PV modules is an important task, especially when module failures and degradation occur.
In order to identify malfunctioning and poorly performing PV modules caused by material flaws in the protective layers, we teamed up with the Austrian Research Institute for Chemistry and Technology (OFI) and the Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH (PCCL) to introduce a handheld solution for customers across the entire PV industry.
In a matter of seconds, trinamiX’s Mobile NIR Spectroscopy Solution provides users on-the-spot at solar parks or during delivery with relevant information about the identified material on their smartphone.
Our benefits at a glance
- Assurance: Ensure the quality of delivered modules with the reliable on-the-spot identification of different backsheets and encapsulations.
- Inspection & error analysis: Use our solution to document, visualize, and analyze the quality and condition of installed PV modules.
- Recycling: Identify different materials in encapsulations and backsheets to enable appropriate recycling of the PV modules' protective layers.
A powerful, cloud-based combination of handheld device, smartphone app and customer portal
Mobile solutionPhotovoltaic backsheets and encapsulations are easily identified anytime and anywhere.
Fast resultsResults appear within seconds on smartphone. More data becomes available in our customer portal.
Easy handlingEasy-to-use handheld combined with intuitive smartphone app designed for industry professionals.
What we offer
Our solution supports the identification and distinguishing of a broad range of plastics, covering polymer materials built into the protective layers of PV modules:
- EBA, EVA, PE, PVB (used in encapsulations)
- PA, PA & PET, PET & EVA, PET & PE, PET & PE & EVA, PET & PP, PET & flourine coating, PP, PP & PE, PVDF & PET, PVDF & PET & flourine coating, PVF & PET, PVF & PET & PA (used in backsheets)
Get in touch with us
If you have any questions regarding our solution or would like to arrange an appointment for a product demo, you can reach us via our contact form. Also, feel free to reach out directly to our expert.